Learn how to secure your digital assets and protect your crypto investments from hacks with our expert tips and best practices.
- You can bridge tokens to Solana safely from any chain using a variety of cross-chain bridges, such as Rango Exchange.
- You will need a Solana wallet such as Phantom Wallet, a non-Solana wallet such as MetaMask, and some extra Solana to pay gas fees to bridge the assets.
Looking for the most secure and affordable way to Bridge to Solana? Our experts with a decade of trading experience have tested the 4 best options to bridge to Solana.
How To Bridge To Solana (TLDR)
Here is a summary of how to bridge to Solana:
- Create a Solana wallet (e.g., Phantom Wallet).
- Choose one of the popular bridges on this list (e.g., Rango DEX).
- Connect your Solana and non-Solan wallets (e.g., MetaMask) to the selected bridge.
- Choose the amount and network.
- You want to send funds from & to (e.g., BSC, ETH).
- Confirm and receive the assets in the Solana wallet.
List of Best Solana Bridges
The best bridges we found include:
- Rango Exchange – Aggregates prices for the lowest rates.
- The Solana Bridge – Easiest to use for a quick and efficient bridge.
- Portal Bridge – Powerful bridge with high compatibility and functionality.
- AllBridge – Ideal for stablecoins between EVM and non-EVM chains.
Solana Bridge Fees
Generally, bridging from different chains can cost anywhere from a few cents to $50, depending on the blockchain’s congestion and the total transaction amount. For example, transferring from Ethereum to Solana can cost bridge fees ranging from $5 to $30. However, bridging from a Layer 2 blockchain such as Arbitrum or Optimism can cost less than $1.
Once on the SOL blockchain, transaction fees are tiny.
1. Rango Exchange
Rango Exchange is the best Solana bridge on the market because of its reasonable prices and user-friendly interface. To send 1 ETH (Ethereum blockchain) for SOL (Solana blockchain), the fee is just $0.40c and takes nine minutes. To trade 100 USDT (Solana) to SOL (Solana) cost only $0.08c.
Rango will search for the best possible prices across networks so that you can get the most optimal rates. It supports over 50 blockchains, 10 bridges, 6 wallets, and over 100 decentralized exchanges.
To simplify the process, you merely paste the Solana wallet address, instead of connecting your SOL wallet.
Using Rango Exchange
- Connect your non-Solana (such as MetaMask) crypto wallet to the Rango Exchange.
- In the [From] section, select the token, network, and amount.
- In the [To] section, select [Solana] and [SOL]
- Rango will show you the best option at the bottom, along with the fees.
- Confirm the transaction in your Web3 wallet.
2. The Solana Bridge
In terms of usability and convenience, no bridge is better than The Solana Bridge, powered by Wormhole Bridge. It is similar to Rango, but the fees differ. To bridge 100 USDT (Ethereum) to 100 USDT (Solana Network) costs $0.71c with an 18-minute estimated arrival time.
The Solana Bridge supports six blockchains and is interoperable with six other major bridges – AllBridge, Wormhole, Mayan Swap, Carrier, Atlas DEX, and DeSwap.
The Solana Bridge has an extremely useful “gas on destination” feature. This means that users can pay a little more in gas fees to have enough gas on the new blockchain. Otherwise, It also allows users to filter transactions depending on transaction time and slippage tolerance.
Using The Solana Bridge
- Visit the Solana Bridge application.
- Connect your non-Solana wallet (350+ options)
- Connect with SOL (Solflare, Phantom, or Torus)
- Select the network and token to transfer and receive
- Review fees and speed estimates.
- Input the receiving wallet address and confirm a successful transaction.
3. Portal Bridge
Wormhole’s Portal Bridge is one of the most sophisticated bridges on the market. That is why it’s also the most difficult to navigate. However, it is the best Solana bridge in supporting a large list of assets and networks.
The bridging costs are minimal, with gas fees as the primary transaction expense. Portal has a flat bridge fee of 0.04% with a maximum fee of 1,000 USDC.
Portal stands out due to its compatibility with ERC721 and SPL NFTs.
The distinctive features of Portal’s bridging mechanism, such as the capability to register new tokens on a chain and its support for different non-EVM chains, establish it as a prominent bridging solution.
AllBridge is the perfect cross-chain bridge with Solana compatibility for those looking to transfer in stablecoins, with over 800,000+ transfers across 20 blockchains.
AllBridge has a straightforward pricing structure, charging a fixed fee of 0.3% for every transfer.
How to use it
- To bridge to Solana, go to the Allbridge app.
- Choose the network and asset.
- Connect the Solana wallet to your non-Solana wallet.
- Fill in the amount you want to swap and swap to.
- Review the transaction and click send by confirming it in your wallet.
Best Alternative to Solana Bridge
The best alternative to Solana Bridges is using a centralized exchange like Bybit. To bridge with Bybit, you need to set up an account, deposit a native token like USDT, and then withdraw directly to your Solana-based wallet.
Opting for such platforms can be more cost-efficient in comparison with traditional bridges. However, this method has risks, such as potential security vulnerabilities and dependency on the exchange’s operational stability.
- 0.01 – 0.10 %
Bybit is a leading futures trading platform globally, offering up to 100x leverage and attracting users who prefer to remain anonymous. With a presence in 180+ countries, it is renowned for its efficiency and unique features in cryptocurrency derivatives trading.
The platform offers up to 100x leverage trading.
Strong educational resources.
Diverse markets for traders, spot, perp, and futures.
Risk-free demo accounts to explore all key features.
The platform is difficult for beginners to navigate.
It does not offer a quality spot trading feature.
The NFT marketplace is limited in terms of options.
Security is of the gold industry standard.
The Bottom Line
Moving your tokens to Solana can be simple and secure using a popular Solana bridge, such as Rango Exchange.
Most of these bridges offer compatibility with various blockchains and have a great pricing structure and timing, as presented in the guide.
Additionally, platforms such as Bybit offer a convenient alternative as a centralized exchange for bridging assets.
Solana is a blockchain platform that aims to improve upon the Ethereum network by offering a faster number of transactions and lower transaction fees.
The fees associated with Solana cross-chain bridges vary drastically from blockchain to blockchain. You can expect to pay anywhere from a few cents up to $30.
Cross-chain bridges are safe if trusted platforms are used. However, it is essential to do your own research to select the right one since they are prone to vulnerabilities either in the blockchain software or smart contract.
Layer 1 (L1) is the main blockchain layer that operates independently from other blockchains. L2 is built mostly on Ethereum. They are created to compensate for scalability issues and high costs associated with L1.
Bridges help to facilitate the seamless transfer of assets across different blockchains, while Swaps occur only within the same blockchain.